Our lawyers are committed to serving the community they live and work in, and, on January 15, 2021, David Anthony will be providing pro bono legal advice to individuals and businesses affected by the bombing that occurred in Nashville on Christmas Day 2020.
This legal clinic will be jointly hosted by the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services, Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, and the Tennessee Bar Association.
Due to restrictions on in-person meetings, this legal aid clinic will be conducted via phone. Callers will be able to discuss legal issues on the following topics:
- Assistance with property insurance claims;
- Questions regarding debt and bankruptcy issues;
- Help with home repair contracts and contractors;
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents lost or destroyed in the disaster;
- Consumer protection issues such as price-gouging and avoiding contractor scams in the rebuilding process; and
- Counseling on landlord-tenant issues.
If your business or home was impacted by the Nashville bombing and you need legal assistance, more information on the clinic is available here.
If you are a lawyer interested in volunteering, a sign-up form is available here.